On September 8, 2009, Our Lady's birthday, the Russian Garabandal Center will observe its own 17th anniversary. Through these years it is estimated that over 1 million people, especially in the Ukraine, have learned about the apparitions of Our Lady of Garabandal.
Many conferences were given by the workers of Our Lady and the Message was spread wherever it could -- via mailing lists, mass media and the Garabandal Videos.
- At wholesale markets, where Catholics from Ukraine, Belorus, Uzbekistan, Moldova and the South of Russia come to trade their products. They willingly took literature on Garabandal and rosary beads to distribute back home and later sent thank you letters.
- At Catholic churches in several cities of Russia.
- At Polish-Russian cultural organizations and Russian Orthodox groups.
- On personal trips of Catholis and Orthodox to cities throughout Russia including Sevastopol, Minsk (Belorus), Krasnoyarsk, Murmansk, Archangelsk, Belgorod, Yakutsk, Zaporozhe, (Ukraine), Yalta (Ukraine), Lida (Belorus).
- At numerous St. Petersburg metro stations, universities and hospitals.
Happy Birthday, Mother Mary!